If at any time during a customer support interaction a customer tells us that he or she intends to submit or has already submitted a report to Linden Lab claiming:
- That we have “stolen their Lindens,”
- That we have “scammed them,”
- That we have “refused to help them,”
- That we have not “given them the goods they paid for,”
- That our actions constitute theft or fraud in any way,
then we will be forced to suspend our attempts to help the customer until we receive notice that their complaint with Linden Lab has been resolved. This is for our own protection and to ensure the integrity of our records and LL’s investigation.
We will notify the customer that their customer service case has been suspended, and ensure that the following steps are taken before contact ceases:
- That customers have received any items they purchased,
- That if any money or store credit is due the customer, that money or credit has been refunded,
- That they are provided with the link to this policy page.
If the customer becomes belligerent at this point, we reserve the right to mute them and to file a report with Linden Lab about their behavior. We may do this without notifying the customer.
For the sake of full disclosure, customers should be aware of the following:
- This policy is not intended to dissuade you from reporting us to LL. If you feel the need to submit a report, we encourage you to do so.
- Chances are good that LL will not refund you any money.
- Chances are good that LL will not care about your report.
- There is no clause in either the TOS or Community Standards that states that SL vendors must provide customer service. Access to customer service is a privilege, not a right.
- The following things do not constitute “fraud” under the TOS:
- Failure to read or understand our store signage, user profiles, notecards, help pages, and CSR messages.
- Having to wait for a reasonable length of time (e.g. three business days) to hear back from us.
- The fact that neither Karsten Rutledge nor VelvetPurrsons is active online at the same time you are active online. (Protip: Human beings have to sleep. Human beings also live in different time zones all over the globe.)
If a customer has reported us to LL and found that this process has not resulted in the outcome they would like, the best way to get a quick resolution is to calm down, contact us with an apology, and then interact with us in a polite and humble manner while we troubleshoot the original issue.