Exchanges may be made for equivalent items (e.g. exchanging a game for a game) if you purchased the wrong product by mistake and it is a transferable or licensed item. You will be required to pay the difference in price between the item you purchased and the item you wanted, if any. Likewise, if the item you purchased was more than the item you wanted, you will be issued a partial refund after the exchange. This must be done within a week after purchase of the original item.
- Alts (alternate accounts) are not eligible to receive copies of any product based on their main account having purchased it before. This includes those cases where the purchasing account has been banned by Linden Lab. Linden Lab does not give us the ability to verify that two accounts actually are connected in any way.
- Items “lost” due to problems with Second Life are beyond our control, but may be replaced at our discretion if one of the following two criteria are met.
- The product was purchased directly from us (not purchased second-hand) so that we can verify the original purchase transaction.
- In the case of games, if it is a Gaming.SL-connected game that will allow us to verify ownership of the game through the Gaming.SL database.
- Items broken/damaged by Second Life are likewise beyond our control, but will be replaced upon return of the damaged item.
“Self-Serve Replacement” Policy
Sometimes customers with broken or missing products will purchase a new one from us, and then request a refund under the premise that the new item they purchased is a “replacement” for their original product. This is not an accepted method of product replacement, and is against store policy. In these cases, the new item will be treated as a separate purchase and will not qualify for a refund. In taking care of the situation, we will operate under the assumption that these customers now own two (or more) distinct products. Customers may still qualify for a replacement of the original missing/damaged item.
An example of how this may play out:
- You buy a product from our store.
- It gets lost or damaged. So you immediately buy a replacement, and then request a refund of the replacement’s price.
- This refund request is not valid, and you will instead get a replacement of the original lost/broken item.
- You now own two copies of the original item.